Each year The University of Tennessee Extension, in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service and Tennessee Farm Bureau, sponsor tax seminars at various locations throughout Tennessee. The instruction is directed toward tax professionals who prepare and file tax returns for farm and non-farm businesses, and individuals.
The seminars will include comprehensive coverage of tax provisions in Families First Coronavirus Response, American Rescue Act and developing tax issues. To ensure you have a seat, we recommend registering early.
We are planning for a highly successful 61st year celebration with the traditional in-person tax seminars. A webinar is also scheduled for individuals desiring to learn remotely. No one knows what the future holds with COVID-19. Our plans are definite and being implemented, but we must remain flexible and mindful of changing conditions and respond accordingly.
Continuing Education Credits
We are looking forward to the 61st year of this seminar. The program provides the following continuing professional education credit (CPE):
- The University of Tennessee Extension, is considered to be an Exempt CPE Sponsor under Rules of the Tennessee Board of Accountancy. TN CPE Sponsor ID – Exempt CPE Awarded – Taxes (14); Regulatory Ethics (2) (Not TN State Specific). If applicable, CPAs in other states and others licensed by state boards/organizations should check with their respective boards/organizations to determine if credit applies toward their continuing education requirements.
- Seminar is accepted by the Certified Financial Planners (CFP) Board of Standards for continuing education credit. Our sponsor name for CFP credit is Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation, Inc.
- 10 Hours Federal Tax, 4 Hours Federal Tax Update & 2 Hours Ethics for Enrolled Agents. The University of Tennessee Extension is approved as an IRS Continuing Education Provider. Our Provider Number is 9NHYF.
- 10 Hours Federal Tax, 4 Hours Federal Tax Update & 2 Hours Ethics for Other Paid Tax Return Preparers (OTRPs). IRS Continuing Education (CE) is only mandatory for Enrolled Agents (EAs) and Enrolled Retirement Plan Agents. Participation in CE by all OTRPs is not an official designation, but these individuals may voluntarily take continuing education. IRS has developed the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) for non-credentialed tax return preparers. This Federal Income Tax Seminar WILL NOT include the six (6) hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher course or the test. The course can be counted towards continuing education requirements for AFSP.
Valuable Resource Materials
You will receive:
- 2021 National Income Tax Workbook, a 600+ page production of the Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation, Inc. (The printed Tax Workbook will be distributed at the seminar and mailed to webinar participants)
- Searchable PDF downloads of the 2021 workbook will be online for digital distribution about 2 weeks prior to the given date of your seminar or webinar. A searchable archive of tax workbooks for the past 9 years will also be available online. No CD will be included in the workbook.
- The 2022 RIA Federal Handbook will not be included with the seminar/ webinar or available for purchase by participants.
Topics for 2021 National Workbook
- Trusts and Estates
- Business Tax Issues
- Agriculture and Natural Resource Issues
- Choice of Entity
- IRS Issues
- Individual Issues
- Retirement, Investments and Savings
- Payroll and Credits
- New and Expiring Legislation
- Rulings and Cases
- Tax Rates and Useful Tables
- Additional topics and chapters will be added as tax law develops and space permits
To have participants fully aware and cognizant of the latest changes in tax legislation and case rulings for the Federal Tax Code. This year’s regular two-day seminar also includes two hours of Ethics (Not State Specific).
$364 if registered by Monday, October 18
$394 after October 18
Registration includes valuable resource materials, instructor fees, lunch, refreshment breaks, and other expenses.
TouchNet is a certified payment gateway that works with Elavon as the processor to securely transmit the customer’s cardholder data. TouchNet is a leading provider of integrated, comprehensive, and secure commerce and credential solutions for colleges and universities. The Institute verifies TouchNet’s certification annually via the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SCC).
To assure the availability of materials and space, we are requiring online registration in advance, with full payment of the registration fee.
Registration will be taken on a first-come first-served basis. We will only accept registrations equal to the seating capacity at each location. We will be unable to accept anyone on the day of the seminar who has not preregistered.
It is our goal to send confirmation e-mails within five business days of receiving the online registration form. If you have questions regarding your registration and enrollment, please contact us at the contact information below. Thank you for your prompt attention to registering online.
If after registration you determine that you will be unable to attend, you may appoint a substitute. Please contact Renee’ Sharp at (865) 680-6220 or e-mail her at email@example.com and provide the name of the substitute. Cancellations will be accepted up to one week prior to the start of the seminar for which you have registered and the registration fee will be refunded in full. All refunds will be processed together following the final tax seminar.
Check in for the regular seminar will begin at 7:45 a.m. on the morning of each seminar and the seminars will begin at 8:15 a.m. and end at 4:50 p.m. Details regarding the webinar will be provided at a later date.
Wednesday & Thursday, October 27-28, 2021
Hyder-Burks Ag Pavillion – Tennessee Tech University
2390 Gainsboro Grade Cookeville, TN 38501 – map
Directions: From Knoxville take I‐40 get off at Exit 286, Hwy 135N/ Willow Avenue (3.3 miles) take left on 12th Street go 2.2 miles, take a left, Pavilion on left
Wednesday & Thursday, November 3-4, 2021
Ron Ramsey Regional Agriculture Center
140 Spurgeon Lane, Blountville, TN 37617 – map
Directions: 1.7 miles from Tri-Cities Airport – From I-81 North take Exit 63 (Hwy 357S)/ Airport Pkwy. Travel to Hwy 75/ Bristol Hwy (goes in front of Airport). Turn left and travel 1.7 miles on Hwy 75E, turn left on Spurgeon Lane. Within a few yards turn right into the Agriculture Center.
Do NOT take Centenary Road
Tuesday & Wednesday, November 9-10, 2021*
Thursday & Friday, November 11-12, 2021
Tuesday & Wednesday, November 30-December 1, 2021
UT Extension Office
315 John R. Rice Blvd Murfreesboro, TN 37129 – map
Directions: Exit I-24 in Murfreesboro at 78-A (Hwy 96), 1st intersection turn right on John R Rice Blvd., go ¾ mile Lane Agri-Park Office on left
Wednesday & Thursday, December 8-9, 2021
*The two-day seminar is repeated for two additional days in Jackson and four additional days in Murfreesboro. The same topics will be covered, but they will not necessarily be covered in the same order.