Position: Tennessee Extension Internship Program: ANR/CED Agriculture Economics Department
10-week Summer Internship
Location: The student will work in the Agricultural and Resource Economics Department, Knoxville, TN at the University of Tennessee. Prior to starting the internship, interns will participate in a day-long orientation to familiarize them with Tennessee Extension Programs in ANR.
Effective Date: Tentative – May 19 – July 28, 2022
Salary: A stipend in the amount of $6,840 for the 10-week internship is provided for each intern. As with any position, it is expected that an intern is able to get to and from work each day. Generally, interns ride with Extension agents during significant work-related travel and therefore do not receive a travel budget allotment.
Description: The successful candidate will assist Agricultural Economics Faculty and Graduate Students in generating content for the new eye-tracking lab addressing questions related to behavior, marketing and promotions. The project will provide information to industry stakeholders and Extension agents who are interested in collaborating on projects or using the equipment in their own work/programs. Duties will include secondary data research, website content development, and work on other topics as assigned by the supervisor.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a college of agriculture, natural resources, environmental science or closely related major.
- Should have completed at least 50 percent of the required course work for the Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher and has at least one more semester to complete after the summer internship has ended. Preference will be given to students presently enrolled in the University of Tennessee, Tennessee State University, any other university or college in Tennessee, or to a student resident of Tennessee enrolled elsewhere. Preference will also be given to those with Extension experience (i.e. former 4-H member, etc.). However, all eligible applicants will be considered.
- Must reside in, or live within a reasonable commuting distance of the assigned location. Housing not provided.
- Must have own transportation to and from work.
- Must present a written and oral report of the project accomplishments and training experience at the end of the internship.
For best consideration, applications for the internship should be submitted by January 24, 2022. Applications received after this date will be reviewed if all slots have not been filled.
Applicants may be interviewed. Successful applicants will be notified by March 1, 2022.
- Complete online application
- Attach Resume to Online Application
- Attach Transcript to Online Application
- Attach Completed Addendum to Online Application
Inquiries may be made to: